28 November 2011
Have Your Say on Melbourne's Urban Forest and Open Space Strategies
Melbourne’s trees and open spaces are a defining part of our city. Help to shape their future with the City of Melbourne. Image: Bike Tree by Tim Hughes.
- Public screening: Reflections on a Bangladesh Tragedy 11/06/2013
- Get your work on a Melbourne Tram! 11/06/2013
- Heartlands Refugee Art Prize Exhibition 04/06/2013
- You're a Woman, I'm a Machine: Exhibition Opening 04/06/2013
- Make a difference with Transiting Cities ReActivate 04/06/2013
- Tell Pearson what you want in an eBook? 31/05/2013
You’re invited to help shape the future of Melbourne’s iconic parks, trees and open spaces.
Our urban trees are under immense stress from more than a decade of drought, water restrictions, periods of extreme heat, attack from pests and diseases, as well as age. The City of Melbourne has released two draft plans: the draft Urban Forest Strategy and draft Open Space Strategy, to ensure healthier, greener and more resilient landscapes and open spaces over the next 100 years.
To ensure their success, the City of Melbourne wants to know what you see as important, both for the city and in your local area.