As a global university of technology and design, RMIT brings unique capabilities to research through a transdisciplinary approach. Our academic expertise, strong links to research partners and consideration of technological and social dimensions enables us to find solutions to critical problems impacting communities and the environment.
Design, Health, Technology, Sustainability and Future Cities
Internationally recognised people, approach and resources
Institutes, Centres and Groups
World-class researchers solving complex problems
Connect with researchers to develop world-class solutions
- Global Studies Week at RMIT 20/05/2013New ways in thinking about the social, cultural, political and economic issues critical to Australia's future will be explored during Global Studies Week at RMIT University (20-24 May).
- RMIT students in Airbus challenge final 16/05/2013An RMIT University aerospace engineering student team is headed to France after making it to the final five of an international Airbus competition.
- Think tank explores sustainable urbanisation 16/05/2013RMIT University researcher Ferne Edwards has travelled to Quito, Ecuador, to take part in an international think tank on sustainable urbanisation.
- Globalism Research Centre 2013 Tom Nairn Lecture 20/05/2013'Revitalizing Globalization Analysis' with Professor Roland Robertson, Universities of Pittsburgh and Aberdeen
- Global Indigenous Studies in the First World: Some Reflections and Epistemological Matters 22/05/2013With Professor Aileen Moreton-Robinson, Professor of Indigenous Studies at the Queensland University of Technology
- The Lover 23/05/2013Presented within the RMIT Gallery exhibition space, this gripping one-woman play tells the story of Duras’ adolescence, recounting family breakdown, madness and her tumultuous affair with an older Chinese man amidst her search for the origins of her passion to write.