Regulation 5.1.8 - Bachelor degrees
Pursuant to Statute 5.1 Awards, the Council of Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology makes the following Regulation entitled Regulation 5.1.8 - Bachelor Degrees.
1. This Regulation governs the Bachelor degrees listed in the Schedule to this Regulation.
2. A candidate for a Bachelor Degree (“the degree”) will pursue an approved program of study for such period as may be approved by the Council on the recommendation of the Academic Board. Certain programs may be offered in part - time mode.
3. The Portfolio may require a candidate to undertake any assessment in a course as approved by the Academic Board.
4. A candidate may not pursue a program of study or receive credits for examinations passed unless:
(a) the courses taken by a candidate in any year; and
(b) any alteration in such program of study;
have been approved by the Portfolio.
5. A candidate must be an enrolled student for the period of candidature.
6. A candidate shall comply with these Regulations as amended from time to time provided that where the Academic Board considers hat any candidate for the degree has been adversely affected by a change in the Regulations since the candidate first enrolled or the degree the Academic Board may permit the candidate to qualify for the degree under the Regulations as in force at any tie during candidature.
7. Where a candidate has satisfactorily completed all the requirements prescribed for the degree, they may be admitted to the degree.
8. Where an Honours program is offered by the University, a student who has been admitted to and has satisfactorily completed the program, may be admitted to the degree with Honours.