Categories of awards
Staff are eligible for only one individual award (in any category or subcategory) in any one year. Staff are, however, eligible for additional categories and subcategories.
Team applications are encouraged for Categories A, B, C and P, but all members of the team must meet the eligibility requirements for that category.
Single category awards
- Vice Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award
- Award for Outstanding Achievement in Teaching and Research
The categories of Teaching awards recognise excellence in teaching practice, whether as individuals or teams.
- Category A - Teaching Excellence, Higher Education
- A1 – College of Science, Engineering and Health, Higher Education
- A2 – College of Design and Social Context, Higher Education
- A3 – College of Business, Higher Education
- A4 – Early Career Academic, Higher Education
- A5 – Priority area – Teaching a diverse student body, Higher Education
- Category B – Teaching Excellence, TAFE
- B1 – Outstanding Teacher / Trainer of the Year Award, TAFE
- B2 – Early Career Teacher / Trainer of the Year Award, TAFE
- B3 – Outstanding Training Initiative of the Year Award, TAFE
- Category C - Sessional Staff
The category Program Awards recognise teaching support programs and services that contribute to the quality of student learning and student experiences at RMIT University. It should be noted that the nomenclature ‘Program’ is not the same as that term used by RMIT to describe specific qualifications.
- P – Awards for Programs that Enhance Student Learning
- P1 – Widening Participation
- P2 – Educational Partnerships and Collaborations with Other Organisations
- P3 – The First Year Experience
- P4 – Flexible Learning and Teaching
- P5 – Innovation in Curricula, Learning and Teaching
- P6 – Postgraduate Education
- P7 – Services Supporting Student Learning
- P8 – Indigenous Education