Office of Director TAFE
The Office is responsible for:
- directing the strategic development of RMIT’s engagement in the VET sector;
- overseeing the ongoing management of RMIT’s current VET operations.
The key strategic development functions of the Office of Director TAFE (ODT) are to:
- represent RMIT University to external agencies on matters concerning VET;
- provide leadership and expert advice to the academic portfolios regarding the provision of vocational education within the University to meet the needs of its clients; the ODT works closely with the Associate Directors TAFE in each academic portfolio to achieve this;
- provide strategic development of RMIT’s VET profile and activities;
- develop the capacity of RMIT staff to be innovative in their approach to vocational education;
- lead industry engagement in vocational education provision and innovation;
- develop enhanced international activity in VET, in collaboration with the International and Development portfolio;
- promote the University's vocational education capabilities internally and externally, locally and internationally.
The key operational functions of the Office of Director TAFE are to:
- manage the annual profile planning process, which determines how RMIT’s VET programs will be funded;
- monitor contractual arrangements between RMIT and external agencies;
- coordinate cross-portfolio and cross-sectoral cooperation on all matters pertaining to VET. For example, the refinement of student administration processes and the establishment of cross-industry business development projects.
- Director TAFE and Vice President – John Barnes
- Deputy Director TAFE, Education and Systems - Christine Robertson
- Assistant Director TAFE, Business Development - Louise Robinson
- Executive Assistant to Director TAFE – Heena Pandya
- Senior Consultant, Learning and Teaching – Helen Smith
- Principal Advisor, Policy and Partnerships – Chris Raab
- Project Manager – Jane Kemelfield
- Project Officer – Scarlett Connor
Contact the Office of Director TAFE
Location: Building 1, level 1 on the City campus.
Enquiries: please contact Heena Pandya.