18 April 2011
Making RMIT offices more sustainable
RMIT staff take part in Lean Office Management training.
- Foundation students celebrate their success 20/05/2013
- Graduate wins major manuscript award 09/05/2013
- Crisis communications in a social world 06/05/2013
- Pop-up shop to prop up young entrepreneurs 06/05/2013
- Aviation training off to flying start 29/04/2013
- Academics selected for Stella Prize shortlist 10/04/2013
RMIT University staff recently completed a training program on Lean Office Management.
The one-day workshop teaches participants how to introduce sustainable work practices into their office environments.
Staff from the College of Business, the College of Science, Engineering and Health and the Student Services Portfolio took part in the program.
“The Business TAFE School is delighted to have the opportunity to share their skills and knowledge relating to sustainability to a variety of stakeholders across RMIT,” Caryl Hertz, Industry group Manager, Business TAFE School, said.
Participants were taught how to make improvements in sustainable energy practices in the office and to implement these changes and monitor their effectiveness.
They also learnt how to determine the cost impacts of alternative actions and how to lead and manage the continuous development of systems and processes.