- Visit the Hub or call +61 3 9925 8980.
- You must carry your RMIT student card with you at all times while on the University campus.
- You must bring your RMIT student card to all exams and formal assessment.
- Please take care of your RMIT student card by ensuring it is not damaged in any way.
- Use of your RMIT student card is your responsibility. If your card is lost or stolen you must report this to the Hub immediately. Until you do this any misuse of your card will remain your responsibility.
- If a University staff member asks to see your card you must present it.
- If you are no longer enrolled at RMIT University your student card is no longer valid and you must not use it.
- If you cancel your enrolment you must return your RMIT student card to the Hub.
Using your student card
Your RMIT University student card is issued to you for the duration of your studies at RMIT University and is used for:
Identification at service areas
If a University staff member asks to see your card you must present it.
Identification at exams
You must bring your RMIT student card to all exams/formal assessment.
Borrowing from the Library
The barcode on the front of your student card enables you to borrow from the Library. Present your card when borrowing and if requested by University staff when using the Library facilities.
Access to secure areas if required
Student cards will enable access to approved secure areas of the University if required e.g. 24 hour computer labs. Your school will determine your level of access and authorise access via your card.
Please note: student cards always remain the property of RMIT
Obtaining your card
You will receive your first student card free of charge.
To obtain your card visit the Hub on your campus
You need to provide:
- your student number
- photo identification – driver licence, passport or Keypass.
Without these your student card will not be issued.
As this is a photo ID card your photograph will be taken. You will be asked to remove your sunglasses, hat or other headwear.
You will also need to have provided your declaration of citizenship/immigration status to the University,
If your card is lost or stolen
Use of your student card is your responsibility. If your card is lost or stolen please report this to the Hub immediately. Until you do this any misuse of your card will remain your responsibility. If your card has been stolen it will be replaced free of charge upon presentation of a Police Theft Report.
Replacing your card
If you need to replace your card visit the Hub on your campus. Lost or damaged cards incur a replacement fee of $20.Back to top