RMIT Equity Travel Grant
If you are travelling internationally for credit in your study program, an RMIT Equity Travel Grant can provide financial assistance.
Value and duration
The grant provides $4000 as a one-off payment before your trip.
To be eligible for an RMIT Equity Travel Grant you must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa holder
- be enrolled at RMIT in a TAFE diploma, associate or bachelor degree, or postgraduate (coursework) program
- demonstrate financial difficulties
- not have completed the same or higher level of program, e.g. if you are enrolled in a Bachelor of Engineering, you should not have previously completed another bachelor degree
For semester 2 and spring semester 2013 applications, you must:
- have applied for or be enrolled in an international component of your RMIT program in semester 2 or spring semester 2013
- not be commencing your international study prior to 22 June 2013 or in 2014.
For 2014 applications, you must:
- have applied for or be enrolled in an international component of your RMIT program in 2014
- have your international study starting in 2014, i.e. your overseas placement/study tour cannot commence in December 2013 or in January 2015.
How to apply
Please complete the 2013 Scholarships Office Application Form (PDF 522KB, 11p).
For semester 2 and spring semester 2013, applications will open 1 May 2013.
For the 2014 academic year, applications will open in approximately September 2013.
For semester 2 and spring semester 2013, applications will close 24 May 2013.
For the 2014 academic year, applications will close in approximately November 2013.
Terms and conditions
RMIT Equity Travel Grant payments are usually paid in the month prior to the commencement of a student’s mobility activity. Payments are electronically transferred to the student’s nominated bank account.
View the Coursework Scholarships Office’s Scholarships and Grants Terms and Conditions (PDF 96kb 11p)
Supported international trips include but are not limited to:
- study tours
- industry and research placements/internships where no salary is paid.